Friday, August 28, 2009

The Calculation - Regina Spektor

So we made our own computer out of macaroni pieces,
And it did our thinking while we lived our lives,
It counted up our feelings and divided them up even,
And it called our calculation perfect love.

When I was out last night at the bar amidst the sounds of remixed hip-hop and top 40, The Calculation's quirky lyrics and upbeat sound ended up repeating themselves in my head. Not sure why but this song had stuck with me.

When I first listened to her album the first thing that came into my head was what the heck is she singing about? I later read that Regina Spektor's eclectic lyrics are based on scenarios and characters drawn from her imagination. It's different, but I like her for it.

Regina Spektor's latest release, Far, hit stores this past June.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 SOUNDESCAPE. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan