Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Quarry Hymns - Land of Talk

Cloak and CipherHow deep is this soul I feel I'm in?
Seen a lot of light and done a lot with it
How deep is this hole I feel I'm in?
Seen a lot of light and done a lot with it.

This track comes off Cloak and Cipher, the second full-length album by Canadian indie rock band Land of Talk. The thing I love most about Land of Talk is Elizabeth Powell's mesmerizing vocals. See what she had to say about Quarry Hymns below.
"Everything fell into place quickly and surely on this one. The lyric is one that struck me hard, a quarry of quandry, a distinct loneliness, all set to E-Street band momentum. How things hit us is often incongruous with our surroundings – this song is a sad summer day and the happiest snowfall you’ve ever run through. This is a song for friends and lovers, a call to arms for falling and turning leaves."
Read more: http://arts.nationalpost.com....

Catch them at Canadian Music Fest in Toronto, March 9-13 2011: http://canadianmusicfest.com

mp3: Quarry Hymns - Land of Talk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 SOUNDESCAPE. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan