Monday, March 22, 2010

Down By the River - Giant Hand

Goodnight (Go Home)Oh I swam too far,
I can't turn back,
If I stop I'll drown
And I'll never get to go back.


In 2008, Kirk Ramsay decided he wanted to pick up a guitar and write folk music. Today he has a full length album titled Coming Home and has opened for acts such as Handsome Furs, Ohbijou, Human Highway, Bruce Peninsula, Timber Timbre and Azeda Booth.

I saw Giant Hand last week when he opened for The Acorn at the Grad Club in Kingston. On stage he is enjoyable to watch and his songs show vulnerability and honesty. His unique voice shines on the new album, making it a great choice for mellowing down to.

Listen to more at his MySpace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 SOUNDESCAPE. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan